Thursday, June 13, 2013

Whimsical Beauty is Rising

Yesterday was a little crazy so I never got to type out yesterday's blog but here it is!

Whimsical Love Day 2

Do you ever go so fast in life that you forget to look around you? Sometimes we get so focused on a destination that we forget to dance in the rain, see the beauty around us, and notice the people around us who may need some encouragement. I have driven to work so many times and drive straight there and back without ever noticing the beauty around me. As I was driving out of the neighborhood where I nanny, the girls got excited and had me look to our right. There it was. A free and beautiful field filled with bright yellow wild flowers dancing in the wind. All around this field were newly built houses rising up from every nook and cranny. 

Did you know God has created over 230,000 different types of flowers? 


One of my favorite things are open fields with wild flowers. Why? Because its a simple yet creative way The Lord loves on us. We are so focused on destinations sometimes that we forget The Lord is wooing us in more ways we could ever have imagined. We just need to take the time to open our eyes. Life isn't about getting from one destination to another or one stage in life to another. It's about the adventures in between. It's about taking our Father's hand and dancing with Him as He woos His daughters with every step. Before you know it, we will be in His sovereign arms as He carries us through the streets of gold, continuing to woo us with all He has made for us there. It's all to remind us of how loved we are and to remind us of how great our king is!

As I was typing this, one of the girls I nanny brought me some flowers to put in my hair. I gladly did so. Life isn't about keeping your hair perfect and ignoring children. Life is about putting those precious flowers in your hair, as messy as it will be and playing with the children as they have a special place on His heart. When we don't open our eyes to the whimsical things around us, I think we miss out on some of the greatest gifts we have been given. Enjoy each day and the little things around you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment