Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Whimsical Love Day 1

Have you ever heard a love story or engagement story where there were whimsical details and ideas incorporated in creative ways to show them how much they love them? I don't know about you, but sometimes it's the little details that are my favorite! I love hearing people's engagement stories and hearing about EVERY detail. Yes, I'm that girl. Fortunately, this year some of my favorite people got engaged and I got to hear all about one of the best days of their lives. In fact, when you think about it, all you have to do is look around in order to see whimsical love. We have the most loving father anyone could ever ask for. He created things all around us to woo us and show us how much He loves us in quaint and creative ways. 

Today I am embarking on a 10 day journey to recognizing just how whimsical God's love is for us. I encourage you to do the same and leave comments with ways you saw God's whimsical love that day. I promise, this will be one of the best journeys you have gone on. Take time each day to remind yourself to simply be aware of the beauty around you. It could be something you see or something you feel. God works in different ways! 

Day 1:
This yellow bowl reminds me of the Lord's love in an interesting way. I made this a few years ago in high school art. I remember putting a chunk of blubbery clay on the pottery wheel and going for it. It was not turning out how I had intended at all but I kept going for it. The amount of times I messed it up was more than the amount of times I have had a sporadic dance party (and obviously that's just about every day). Then, when it came time to glaze it, I put a pink glaze all over. Obviously the clay had a mind of its own. I was disappointed at first then loved the way it had turned out. It now sits in my room as a reminder of the way the Lord loves me. I am so broken and so messed up but the Lord chooses to show me grace and makes me into something beautiful and useful. Sometimes, He changes our plans and directions because He loves us. I had a plan of how it should look and boy am I glad it did not turn out the way I had planned. 

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

Think about it...clay is basically dirt and sand that is made into a substance that can be fired. He takes something so dirty and broken, molds it, refines it in the fire, glazes it, and USES it. What a beautiful picture of the way He loves us. He sees the dirt and loves it enough to make it beautiful, despite its dirt and brokenness. 

Oh to be clay in the Maker's gracious and sovereign hands. He stands ready to craft you into something beautiful. Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment